

Pierre le Hors' rgb transfer-ants are intriguing to me, however, they lack a cohesion quality wise, and I wasn't too impressed with his with in image altering with mirrors, because he says he wants to document what the colored smoke does to an object. If you alter the experience by removing the object and re-contextualizeing its original position you are not documenting its original form, but an after thought of the image.
His other book he created,
Firework Studies is gorgeous in my opinion, it has a fluidity to it and a feeling of looking at a single image that has been deconstructed into a 100 page book. The black and white imagery is hyper contrasty and incredibly graphic.
The book idea is pretty cool and wouldn't be hard to do... you could easily print them smaller on some BFK to which I could bind accordian or another style if you'd prefer... Just an option...
ReplyDeleteAlso, I was dicking around on the history of photography and I'm sure you already know these guys because it's like basic photographic canon to know their names, but I wanted to mention them to you anyway because of the post and because of my interest in RGB prints and studies...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Clerk_Maxwell
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mikhailovich_Prokudin-Gorskii