
Presently working on collages made from digital prints, magazines, sand paper and other materials. They aren't fixed down yet or anything but I'm playing with them and looking to strengthen the ideas I'm playing with, namely organic vs. geometric structure; weight vs. fragility. I want to work more materials in with the photographic prints, and desperately want them to have more precarious height in the supports. Also, I want to work with more color and shapes; these are more rigid rock like forms and I want to push the idea of color indicating possibly a specific type of formation, and characteristics that are unique to that type. Ideally they'll be mounted to bfk that's 32x40, so I can really push the scale of the physical collages more. Possibly feature more than one structure per collage. Again, still playing but it's starting to go a direction I can explore better.



I really enjoy this direction you're taking. The contrast between the white space and the thin supports just intensifies the fragility of all of it, and its visually appealing because of it.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see these progress.