The Photographically Inclined:

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Olivier Valsecchi

Olivier Valsecchi is a french photographer I stumbled upon on 500 Photographers. I'm just in love with the images, the lighting is phenomenal; the subjects seem to be submerged in water. The effect the dust is an ephemeral disintegration of the performers (after all, isn't anyone who poses for a camera a performer?).







5 comments:

  1. 500 photographers. lovverz it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like these too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these really are incredible. Do you have any ideas as to how they were accomplished?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were made with a dust cannon and high shutter speed. Pretty epic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I once did something similar. Trampoline, cover someone with powder (Indian celebration powder) and let him jump. The two/three first jumps had the most effect. Just watch out with gear etc, cause the powder get's everywhere, been cleaning my computer for an entire week!

    ReplyDelete